Thursday, December 9, 2010

If Success Is A Game, These Are The Rules..


To start with, many years ago, reading is not my cup of coffee or I would rather say 'yucksss'. Nothing bothers me when it comes to books as I see that only as a piece of paper that people write and I read, then I sleep.

It all change when, there is this man whom I met presented me a book and told me," You have got to start somewhere, if it is not NOW maybe when you in the late 40's but I guess your too fragile then at that age".

I kept on asking myself, what is that man trying to say?  and I am only bloody 15 years old. damn it"  The book was kept beautifully in the shelves like how I kept the rest of my books. As months passed by and the book is getting golden in color and remain untouched.

One fine day, I met the same man again and this time he gave his hands for a manly handshake, whispered to my ears saying " Young man, I bet you have not read the book I've given you, I don't see any changes in you. So you have decided to be like this forever or let the time takes its slow ride to make you realize your own potential ? He gave me that smile, a very sinistic gesture.



Like always, I ignore such weird person but each time I passed by the shelves, something keeps on telling me to open the cover of the book at least and peep whats inside the SO CALLED book that the man dying wanting me to read.

After one year the book was kept hidden on the shelves, I decided to pick it and wipe the dust off the book cover. I read the title on the cover and it sound like this " If Success Is a Game, These Are The Rules" by Cherie Carter Scott, PhD. It took me almost 3 months to complete the whole book consisting of only 212 pages. Biggest ever achievement in my entire lifetime to complete something I would rather die doing.

Now the amazing part was, during the reading process, the first 14 pages took me 2 months to digest until one day, I decided to read the following page ( at page 15), the topic suddenly struck my mind and feelings all together. It sounded like this " Rule Two - Wanting Success Is The First Step Toward Attaining It" and there is a line from the topic that really made me to start thinking, it was this line:

  " Success is a process that begins from within. It starts as a glimmer of hope, then evolves into a thought that plants a seed of promise inside your soul. It is a journey whose initial step is paved with an inner stirring. Whatever your dream may be, the dream needs to be activated into a desire before you can make it happen. In other words, first you need to actively want success if you ever hope to attain it." ( Page 15)

What amused me is that, all this while I was dreaming but I did not make any action towards my goal thinking that,  it will come when it supposed to. Then, I continued reading till I completed the whole book within 3 - 4 weeks despite juggling my time for Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia examination back in year 2002.

I believe today, I'm groomed and be able to meet all types of people from different level / phase of life without having the 'Fear Factor'   strictly adhering to the principles that I personally created   'Be , Know , Do' all the time.

Criticism is part and parcel of life, without it, you will not know where you stand?, how to improve? and I take criticism as a personal challenge. Always favour the word Lesson instead of Failure.  One valuable lesson we all should understand, age is not a barrier or shall not be a wall to attain your dreams.

Doesn't really matter, what subject you study or mastered in? or , what job you are doing? or, which department you handle?,or which language your're good in? because the main concern here is,

are you doing it with full commitment.? or..
are expecting in return for your good deeds? or..
are you doing it for your own satisfaction or just to complete the task?

One good example, lets have a look at our very own former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir bin Mohamad, was the fourth Prime Minister of Malaysia and the longest serving P.M (22 years). He is a qualified doctor by profession yet he still get involve into politics and tremendously given such a fantastic impact to our country developement. Which means, you do not have to study Economics, or Political Science or MBA to be a leader, all you need is a dream together with an action to attain your success.

Even at this bary time, I am proud with my achievements, achieving all the tiny bits of goals in short term plans and now I'm looking at it in a bigger picture, bigger goal have been achieved. I have plenty more goals to attain and I believe it is only the matter of time and luck. I'm blessed with wonderful people around me from my family especially my parents & kanchini,to my siblings and not to forget my working collegues and best friends.

I'm proud to be a Banker for a leading bank in Malaysia and I personally have achieved my parents dream to complete my education to obtain BSc Biomedicine and also Postgraduate in Medical Ultrasonography. Now its my turn to seek for my own goals.

For now...this is all I have to share with you guys.

Remember this;  "There is no education like adversity"

Regards,
Prakash Naidu

3 comments:

nurnuha said...

i love this post. its suits me very well as i just finished my studies! :D hope we can meet up for some coffee some day my friend!~

Prakash Naidu said...

Im very happy that you loved the post. Well it is meant for evryone who is going through changes of phase in life.

Yes we should hang out one day. Probably wen Im free....

kumar said...

I guess,time n age is not a factor to stop from learning...but understanding n applying it, does matter...bro, u have put it in a practical manner...well done bro.